Wow, that was fun. We were asked to create a video using Windows Movie Maker OR Microsoft Photostory 3. To be quite honest, I tried downloading and using Photostory - I gave up trying to figure it out. To me is wasn't a drag and drop program. I then tried Movie Maker and had a much better experience. Very easy! In the past, I have used online programs like One True Media in the past and found Movie Maker to be comparable and simple to use.
I designed a movie around the sense of Taste. Using images, a storyline (a Taste poem) and a tune of "I'm a little teapot," I think it turned out GREAT. If you read the poem and sing the song together you will see they have the same tune.
This was a great experience for me but I also can see how it will be a great experience for kids and a great tool to be used by teachers for performance based assessment. Kids will be required to research the topic, analyze what needs to be done, they can collaborate with other students, and ultimately produce an authentic product by themselves that will be seen by others. All the while following a rubric that can be created with the students input. Creating a video is a terrific way to speak to the audio, visual, linguistic, and other elements that students can incorporate. What a great tool to use in the classroom!
To my video please click on this link: http://www.freewebs.com/hmidema/video.htm
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather, I totally agree that videos like this are a great performance based assessment. This is a perfect assignment to use a rubric with. Creativity, content, skills..etc are all touched upon! Your video is also very cute...is that you singing?? : )
Post a Comment