Just previewed the Learning to Change and Changing to Learn video clip on YouTube. I loved the overall message but felt like it lacked something. I am not quite sure what that something was but it didn't quite hit home for me. I understand the overall point the educators were trying to make - it is no longer a pen and pencil learning environment. The internet has so much more to offer kids nowadays in the way of education. Through social networking, cultural experiences, multi-disciplinary elements, the new classroom is online. As educators we have to not only accept these changes but also become involved. We need to offer hands on ways kids can learn through the use of technology. At the end of the day, kids aren't going to remember every fact or figure. Rather they can be better prepared for college and life in general if "WE" as educators give them the tools.
So I guess I learned more about this video than I thought and I agreed with the content. I guess I wish it had more images and not just snip-pits from various educators. Just my two cents.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment