
It may be the end of the summer semester but I know this will not be my final blog entry. This semester has not been easy by any means. Like most Americans, I work full-time, commute into the city, raise 4 children and I made the choice to pursue a Masters degree all at the same time. Within this short 4 week span of the semester we had to put my cat to sleep and I ended up in the ER with my son (luckily he is ok), it has just been a whirlwind. But I have made it through.
And I have made it through with so much knowledge. The biggest thing I have received from this class is AWARENESS. I may have only briefly touched upon the programs and lingo, etc but now I know they exist. More importantly my eyes are WIDE open to the possibilities of incorporating technology into the curriculum. It is not only important but I feel it is a necessity. A necessity to prepare our students for their future and a necessity to be reach our students TODAY!
I could list everything that I have learned in these 4 weeks but it wouldn't do it justice and there isn't enough room. Just take a look at some of my blog entries and projects to get a small taste. I was very skeptical at the beginning of this class on how this whole on-line thing would work but in the end with the help of an amazing teacher and lots of man hours it did work. I find myself bragging to other people about how much I now know. They are amazed that I can do half of the stuff I can on the computer. Blogs, wikis, personal websites, videos, sound, that is just the beginning.
The only thing I would change about this class is adding a part 2. I think I would benefit me greatly if this class had a sequel.
Thank you for a great semester. Now I can breath again!
No comments:
Post a Comment