Thursday, July 24, 2008

Class - July 23rd..Web 2.0, Digital Media, and more.


Tonights class was amazing. We started off watching a very inspiring video with an inventor, Johnny Lee, see my previous blog for more info inventions using the Nintendo Wii. The world needs more people like Johnny Lee.

Then we moved onto 3 groups presenting presentations from what we have leaned via an online book - Teachers Discovering Technology 5th Ed. The first presentation was from my group on chapter 5 - Digital Media and Multimedia and the differences between the two. Then we moved onto Communication Devices - chapter 3. We learned about Netiquette, IM, Email, the differences between web 2.0 and 1.0, Plurk.com, Ajax, RSS (real simple sindication), search engines, and much more. I really learned so much through this presentation. I have decided that I often take this for granted and going back to basics is a good thing. I never knew what have this stuff was until last night. In fact, just learning the difference between the internet and the world wide web (WWW) was HUGE.

We ended the night with our last group presenting chapter 6. The chapter covered foreign language and technology, sites for special ed and inexpensive or free tools online. I was impressed by the entire presentation but I will be honest I am itching to get my hands on the links to the special ed sites. I was absolutely amazed and excited at the same time.

Nice job to all the groups who presented. I truly learned so much in one night!

No comments: