Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Learn, unlearn, relearn tonights class



Tonights class was terrific. We started out with giving our opinion on a quote from Alvin Toffler,
The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
My opinion went something like this,
I am on the fence. I believe it is referring to those who are unwilling to accept change- specifically with technology. If someone is not willing to learn this new media they will indeed become illiterate and will be passed over by the next and future generations. However, new medias will never negate what can be taught/learned from a book.
I enjoyed reading and listening to other's thoughts. For instance, one classmate had gave an analogy of learning and relearning to all of us learning WebCt and then having to learn Moodle. So true!

Next my group (#4) created a portrait on what we thought the 21st century student looked like. We used an acronym and pictures to reflect our image. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to take a snapshot of it. But our acronym was WHIZKID or
  • W world wide web
  • H hungry for info, hip on technology
  • I Independent
  • Z Zig zag through the internet
  • K Knowledge
  • I Info literate
  • D Discovery
Great collaborative effort. We then reviewed all the groups work. Nice job done by all!

Lastly, group 1 and group 2 presented chapters 7&8. Computers and how to evaluate technology.

Great class - I am getting more and more use to this technology thing.

No comments: